Friday, September 03, 2004

The first day of school


Back garden at school
Originally uploaded by juststeve.
The first day of school

Today was the first day of school. We woke up at 6:30 and we were really excited and got dressed in our school uniforms. Dad went off to pick up the rental car and we were supposed to meet him at Piazza San Marco square but he got so lost he just pulled over and we took a taxi to him. Then we drove to school. Driving in Italy is absolutely, positively crazy.

My teacher is Miss O'fee she is very nice. Our school is an old villa in the country and our classroom is very small. It's packed with desks. At recess we play in the playground area it has 3 sets of swings which have two swings each set, there is a little monkey bar place, there is a slide, there are bars and rings. It's fun but sometimes you get a little bored. There are 3 recesses for kindergarten and 2 for 3rd grade. I played with lizy a lot.

In class today we learned where everything is. We took a tour around the school and we mapped it all. In class we also learned the golden rules.

My favorite part about it was my teacher I really like my teacher. There was someone else in my class from California. There's also a girl named Emma that I think I'll make friends with.

Comments:
Glad you like the school and that you will be able to make friends there. Recess is a fun time. I can't wait to hear more about your teacher and school adventures.
 
Hi Rhea
I'm enjoying reading your blog. It reminds me of the time our family moved to Paris for a year. Our kids were about your age then and had an interesting time in French schools. Now they are grown up but they still love to travel all the time.

I hope you will make lots of friends.

Elizabeth
 
Ciao!

Leaning towers, dragons, taxis to school, Mr. Big Mouth and 2 recesses sounds like a recipe for too much fun! The italian adventure is off to a very interesting start. I'm eager to read the next installment.

Love,

Uncle Mike

p.s. Faith and I are wondering what the best flavor of gelato is? (Nociollo?)
 
To Rhea,
it sounds like you are having a great time in Italy! i really miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From you friend Annabel
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?