Monday, October 25, 2004

Our Weekend in Umbria


DSC_1695.JPG
Originally uploaded by juststeve.
Annie and Poppop have been visiting. Their first weekend here, we went to Umbria, which is the area just east of Tuscany, where Florence is.

On Saturday we went to Assisi and saw a big church. Then we went to a town called Deruta where people paint pottery. We found a shop that I could see a girl paint. I saw her painting a plate. The purple would turn blue. The black would turn green. The pink would turn red and the really light yellow would turn dark yellow. The plate she made was very pretty. We got a plate with a picture of a girl all bundled up that says, “Inverno,” which is winter in Italian.

On Sunday it was Lizy’s birthday. When Lizy woke up there were flowers everywhere. Eliza and I collected them. When we went into mommy and daddy’s room, we saw a happy birthday sign. Then we went on a treasure hunt for Eliza’s presents. Lizy got games called Blink, Stare and Darts. Lizy also got a doll with light brown hair. I got a doll with red hair.

After that we went to an animal park. We saw camels, a zebra, donkeys, Asini Albini (white donkeys), Vietnamese flat belly pigs, chicks, a horse, bunnies, chickens, African birds, and goats. We got to feed them corn from ears we had picked in a cornfield and branches with leaves on them. I got to hold a chick. We all got to pet the goats. We thought there would be wild boar there but there were none


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?