Monday, October 25, 2004
Wednesday October 20th
I woke up this morning very early. First I tried to go back to sleep. That did not work, so I opened the door, got our bread (which someone from the hotel hangs in bag from our doorknob), and set the table. Then when Mom woke up I went down stairs to set Annie and Pop Pop’s table.
After breakfast we went to San Marco, a big square with a tower, a church and a palace. I fed the pigeons there. I would hold my hands out with food in them (bits of bread that were left over from our breakfast – the pigeons liked it much more than we did). Pigeons would fly up onto your hands, shoulders, head, and arms. The mom said that if we behaved well in the church we would get a package of pigeon food and feed them again. In the church there were big gold mosaics. It was much more colorful than the churches in Florence. We went to the top of the church and saw four beautiful horses that look out over the square. Now the pigeons. After the pigeon feeding 2, we went up a tower with an elevator. All other towers we have gone up, we have had to climb. We saw a lot of Venice from the top.
At night we went to a concert. In the concert there were 5 violinists, 1 cellist, and 1 bassist. The cellist was funny. He had long hair and was waving his head around. The concert was at a little church. On each side of the church there were 3 or 4 paintings. It was fun, but I was tired because it was at 9:00 to 10:30.
After breakfast we went to San Marco, a big square with a tower, a church and a palace. I fed the pigeons there. I would hold my hands out with food in them (bits of bread that were left over from our breakfast – the pigeons liked it much more than we did). Pigeons would fly up onto your hands, shoulders, head, and arms. The mom said that if we behaved well in the church we would get a package of pigeon food and feed them again. In the church there were big gold mosaics. It was much more colorful than the churches in Florence. We went to the top of the church and saw four beautiful horses that look out over the square. Now the pigeons. After the pigeon feeding 2, we went up a tower with an elevator. All other towers we have gone up, we have had to climb. We saw a lot of Venice from the top.
At night we went to a concert. In the concert there were 5 violinists, 1 cellist, and 1 bassist. The cellist was funny. He had long hair and was waving his head around. The concert was at a little church. On each side of the church there were 3 or 4 paintings. It was fun, but I was tired because it was at 9:00 to 10:30.